Sunday, February 27, 2011

My story of learning cooking

As long as I can remember my life has revolved around my close netted family and good eating habits... Growing up in Karachi, Pakistan with a luxury to have servants around me in fact I was spoiled with the best the culinary world had to offer anybody. From unmatched paratha, to the tastiest kebabs, kofts and Biryanis, my amma (nanny) was an excellent cook. Her daily routine was to start preparing for the cooking as for a big family of our, making omelets, poori halwa or just preparing for the lunch. She was very quick in cooking. In Urdu we called it Jat paat.Her bottles of different hand grinded masala on a stone called “sil bata” and her secret to make most tasty Dal with freshly grinded masala like ginger &garlic sometime even she use to grind the red chilies and needless to say, the best cooking on the planet.. And of course, my days of laziness but from a young age my mother make me do needlework and share cooking tips from my nanny so the combination of two expert ladies  left me in a world of creativity.
I still remember coming home in the afternoon after school to my mom's loving company, her  telling us the stories or sometime reading out to us the books. She was very fond of reading and to buy a new book is her weakness still I remembered  the days we use to go for shopping to Brohi Bazaar and the only book shop attracted to my mother was called Kitab Ghar(book house).we use to spend hours looking for new books.
My cooking dilemma started here when I got married and own a new house with additional responsibilities to entertain guests at my new house. This is face by me as a big blow but lucky I had the luxury to join many prestigious cookery institutions before and after marriage and o'cause amma was there to help me out with big lunches & dinners. I had started experimenting in my kitchen new recipes sometime conquered and sometime  failed my testing was never ending process but it was fun and learning new dishes to cook was a  very nice experience .
So cooks, who are new to this wonderful experience and those who wish to explore unchartered territories will often find the right recipe for that special occasion. Sharing good food is one of life’s simple pleasures and I hope you enjoy using this blog as much as I loved putting it together.
Here I will add my family favorite’s dishes. I dedicate this blog to my beloved parents (late) and my nanny,Amma (late), who had always encouraged me in getting the best possible education and have been patient in my process of learning cooking and arts & crafts. Further thanks to all my cooking teachers who have been kind to share with me their knowledge and skills.  special thanks to Mrs. Ahmed for teaching me how to cook & do food presentation. So I can cook healthy food for my family and friends and today i am sharing with you.
Enjoy healthy food !

No comments:

Post a Comment